Saturday, June 30, 2012

Slow Cooker English Roast w/ Potatoes/Carrots/Onions

I'm a meat and potatoes girl.  So I was more than happy to make this dish today!  My youngest daughter is just like me, and I essentially put this on the menu for her, but well, I guess you can say I had my own selfish reasons as well, lol.  It's so flavorful, and so filling! But the best part is that it's sooo simple!

Ingredients:

- 1 English Roast, about 2-3 lbs.
- 2 small onions, sliced
- Half a bag of baby carrots
- About 5-6 potatoes, quartered
- 1 pkg. Onion Soup Mix
- 2 Cups water
- Salt and Pepper to taste


Directions:

1.  Slice up your onions and toss them into your slow cooker.



2.  Open up your roast and season it LIBERALLY with salt and pepper.  You have a lot of meat here, so don't be afraid to season it up!


3.  Place the roast on top of the onions


4.  Pour the onion soup mix onto the roast and surround it with the carrots.  I don't use a lot of carrots here b/c we're not super carrot-y type people.  Whatever that means.....



5.  Now quarter your potatoes and place along side and on top of the roast.  Pour in the water.



6.  Set your slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours. 

Here's the final product.....

My daughter ended up having two helpings!  It was so moist, flavorful and satisfying.  Make this classic soon!  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment