Sunday, September 15, 2013

Basic Chocolate Cake

It's always good to have a basic cake recipe!  This is mine that I've had laying around for a bit.  It's easy to pull together, chocolatey, and better than the mix you buy at the grocery store! (not that I don't buy those!  Those are good too!)

Ingredients:

- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Cup HOT Water (not pictured)

Directions:

1.  In a large bowl, combine the Sugar, Flour, Cocoa, Baking Powder and Soda, and the Salt.  Whisk together well.


2.  Now in the same bowl, toss in the Eggs, Milk, Veg oil, Vanilla (side note:I found Mexican vanilla for a super cheap price...I'm never going back!) and the HOT water.  Mix well with your hand held mixer.



3.  Grease a 9X13 inch pan with cooking spray and pour your mixture into the pan.  The mixture will be very loose!  Don't worry!  That means a MOIST cake! 


4.  Bake your cake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until you insert a toothpick into the middle and it comes out clean.  Let cool.

Here's the final product....

I used a jar of frosting I bought from the supermarket b/c I can.  ;-)  It was great as a special noon day treat for the kids, their friends and I!  And it'll be great tonight for dessert too!  Try this one when you need a great chocolate cake base!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment