Sunday, January 18, 2015

Homemade Waffles

I bought my waffle maker about a year ago now and I don't know how I got through breakfast without it! 

When I first brought it home, my husband was skeptical.  He believed it was another kitchen appliance I would use once or twice and be done with it.  Not that I have that problem or anything....*cough, cough*.

But, he was WRONG!  The first time I made waffles, not only were they a huge hit in the house, my husband actually ate crow and decided that this waffle maker was a fantastic idea and "honey, when are you going to make waffles again?" 

This recipe is a basic waffle recipe but,  you can certainly add things, like blueberries, chocolate chips, strawberries, nuts, etc.  Try this out today and you will never have to purchase frozen waffles(these freeze very well!) again!

Ingredients:

- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Milk, warmed
- 1/3 cup Butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Vanilla

Directions:

1.  In a large bowl, add in your flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar and whisk together.  Make a well in the middle of the bowl so it's ready for when you add your wed ingredients.

2.  In a separate bowl, add your milk and your butter.  Nuke it in the microwave until the butter has melted and the milk is a touch warm, but not hot.  Do not scald the milk!

3.  In the same bowl as the milk and butter, add in your vanilla and then your eggs.  If you feel you got the mixture a bit too warm, temper the eggs.  Usually though, you should be fine.  I've made this numerous times and have never had scrambled eggs! ;-)  Beat this together until the eggs and vanilla are well combined.

4.  Now combine the wet and dry ingredients and whisk together until you have the entire mixture well combined.  Heat your waffle maker and add your mixture 2 cups at a time.  Be careful not to over fill your maker as it will overflow onto your counter top.  This may or may not have happened to me.  Based on your waffle maker, you will know they're done when the light comes on indicating such.  You can also decide how dark or light you want your waffles.  This is based on preference obviously!


Here's the final product....

I served ours for dinner that night with some sausage and fruit salad.  Everyone was happy and plates were cleaned!  Also, I apologize for the lack of photos...dinner was rushed!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment