Thursday, January 22, 2015

Coconut Macaroons

My daughter recently developed an obsession with coconut.  I don't blame her.  I myself adore it.  She tried macaroons at a restaurant recently which began the constant asking if I could make some coconut macaroons for her. 

I was finally beat down enough and did it! ;-)  I am not sorry I did!  These were very delicious and very easy.  And, I got a rave review.....they were BETTER than the ones at the restaurant! ;-)

Ingredients:

- 1 14oz bag of sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- Parchment paper

Directions:

1.  Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line your baking sheets with parchment paper. 

2.  In a large bowl, toss in your egg whites, sugar, salt, and vanilla and whisk together VIGOROUSLY until the mixture is glossy and bubbly.  It doesn't take too long to get there!

3.  Add your coconut and fold together with a plastic spatula until all the coconut is combined.  Using a small ice cream scoop, or a teaspoon, place the coconut onto your baking sheets and pat together if needed.  NOTE:  They should be small!  I made the mistake of making a couple of them a bit larger, and although they still tasted good, they did fall apart!



4.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, remove, and allow the macaroons to cool completely.  Store them in a airtight container for up to 5 days.

Here's the final product....

They almost taste like the insides of a Mounds bar!  I served mine for dessert with cold milk.  Both girls ate them up and my husband and I did too!  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment