Sunday, January 5, 2014

Kimchi

Kimchi is a sour and spicy Korean dish.  It has the same flavors of pickled vegetables but with the added spice it makes it something special.  Add this to to your next Asian inspired meal (or any meal really!) and you can't go wrong!  I decided to make up a batch of this after I noticed I had some Nappa cabbage that needed used up.  I am not sorry!  I plan to eat up the rest of this tonight with some grilled steak....yum! 

Ingredients:

- 2 cups (or so) of Nappa Cabbage, sliced
- 2 Tblsp. Sriracha sauce
- 3 Tblsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tblsp. of Garlic (minced)
- Large pinch of salt
- Red Pepper flakes to taste (optional)

Directions:

1.  Chop up your cabbage and toss into a medium bowl.

2.  Toss in your Sriracha, rice vinegar, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes



3.  Stir together until cabbage is completely coated.

4.  Refrigerate and serve cold

Here's the final product....

Very sour, spicy, and delicious!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment