Friday, November 30, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Soup w/Ham

It's been getting a lot colder here lately so I've been in the mood for a nice hearty soup to warm my bones!  This one hit all the right spots and made a TON so I had enough for leftovers, lunch for work, AND a huge dish for my Mom, who is always happy to take advantage of me cooking too much, lol!  Try this recipe out tonight!  And remember, you can always easily freeze your leftovers!

Ingredients:

- 2 (16oz) pkgs of Frozen Broccoli
- 16 oz of Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 4 to 6 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 small onions or 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cups of Ham, cubed
- 3 cans Cream of Celery soup
- 2 cans Cheddar Cheese soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 6 to 7 cups of water

Directions:

1.  Cut up your potatoes, onion, and ham.  Toss into a large stock pot with your water and bring to a boil. You don't want your water to completely cover your veggies, but it should be a good amount.  I just eyeball it.  Allow to boil until your potato is cooked through.  While this is coming to a boil, cube your cheese so it's ready when you are.





2.  Once your potato is cooked, toss in your soups and lower your burner to medium heat.  Looks unappetizing now, but trust me, that will change!  Stir in and add some pepper if you want.  I also added a pinch of red pepper flakes, but just because I wanted to ;-)


3.  Now toss in your Velveeta chunks and stir until melted through.  Allow to heat about 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.  Shut heat off and wait an additional 10 minutes with the lid on. 

Here's the final product.....

Creamy, cheesy, and amazing!  One of my favorite dishes!  Serve with croutons, crusty bread, or just as is!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment