Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Cake Mix Cookies

A cake mix cookie is the perfect cookie to make when you're having a craving but don't want to work hard!  I made these one rainy afternoon when I was all by my lonesome in the house and the kids were at school.  I was watching old episodes of "The Walking Dead" and I needed a sweet treat, lol.  So, after perusing my cupboards and realizing I had a cake mix and was too lazy to make cookies from scratch, I whipped these chewy darlings up!  Now, be forwarned, these cookies are a mix between cookies and cake, so they're cakey, chewy, and best served warm with a cup of milk or hot chocolate.  Also, you can substitute what ever cake mix flavor you have on hand. 

Ingredients:

- 1 box Cake mix (I used chocolate fudge)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C. Chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:

1.  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Toss your cake mix into the bowl, add your butter, and eggs and mix until combined.  This is a VERY sticky, tough batter.  If you find you can't mix it well, you can add a bit of oil to smooth is out.  But I find you get a tastier cookie without the oil. 



2.  Once combined, toss in your chips and combine again.  Now drop by spoonfuls onto your cookie sheet.  You do not need to grease your cookie sheet.  Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes depending on your oven. 



3.  Remove, allow to cool for a couple of minutes.

Here's the final product....

Very moist, and like I said, PERFECT with a cold glass of milk!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment