Friday, May 30, 2014

Fried Roma Tomatoes

I had a few Roma tomatoes in my fridge that I knew needed used up quick!  Why let them go to waste!  I didn't have anything to make a salad and I didn't want to toss them into a salsa or make a sandwich with them.  I figured, if you can fry green tomatoes, why not fry red tomatoes?  So...I did!  And WOW! 

Ingredients:

- 2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced thickly
- Flour for breading
- Garlic Salt to taste ( I use the kind with dried parsley added to it)
- Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil for frying

Directions:

1.  Slice your tomatoes and set them aside.

2.  Get your Flour and season it to your taste with the garlic salt and pepper.  Dredge the tomatoes in the flour, coating them well. 



3.  Get your oil hot and place your tomatoes into the pan.  Fry the tomatoes one side at a time until golden brown.  Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.  Sprinkle with a bit of salt.



Here's the final product....

So tender and juicy!  I'm not a fan of fried green tomatoes, but I'm am a definite fan of these!  Try them soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment