Friday, May 30, 2014

Old Bay Chicken

For dinner the other night, I had planned on marinating my chicken in a store bought marinade that had been sitting in my cupboard for a while.  Little did I know that the bottle of marinade had been sitting my cupboard for A LOT longer than just "a while".  After successfully depositing the expired (by 2 years!) bottle into the trash can, I tried this marinade I seen on my tin of Old Bay seasoning and was very happy with the flavors!  Also, it was quick and easy to toss together with ingredients I had on hand, although I did add and change just a few things ;-)

Ingredients:

- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons dried Parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (not pictured b/c I decided to add 'em on the spot!)
- 6 chicken breasts

Directions:

1.  In a bowl, add in all of your ingredients except for the chicken breasts and whisk together.  

2.  Place your cleaned chicken breasts into a zip lock bag and pour your marinade over the chicken.  Seal the bag and roll the marinade around, covering all the chicken.  Set in a bowl and place into the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.


3.  After marinating, remove the chicken breasts and place on a foil lined baking sheet and bake your chicken for 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes, set your oven on Broil for another 5 minutes to make the chicken a bit darker and crispy.

Here's the final product....

I served ours with a boxed mac and cheese and fried Roma tomatoes.  Very juicy and I love the lime in this marinate is the star!


No comments:

Post a Comment