Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake

I found this recipe recently through Facebook and was intrigued.  It looked simple and easy and I hoped it would be delicious.  Luckily, it was!  I'm happy I tried it, although I did tweak it just a tad for my own liking.  I hope you will give it try as well! 

Ingredients:

- 4 c. Pasta ( I used Bowtie, but you could use Rotini or Penne), cooked
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 chicken breasts cut into cubes, cooked
- 1 c. Cooked ham, cubed
- 1/2 pkg Swiss cheese
- 1 cup or so of Bread crumbs

Directions:

1.  Cube up your chicken and season with salt and pepper.  Cook until done in some oil and set aside.


2.  Cook and drain your pasta and return it to the pot.

3.  Prepare your sauce.  Add in the Cream of Chicken soup, milk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and more salt and pepper.  Whisk well to combine.

4.  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13X9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.  In the pan you have your noodles waiting in, toss in your chicken, ham, and sauce and mix well until all is coated in sauce.

5.  In your baking dish, place 1/2 of the pasta mixture into your pan.  Cover with some of the Swiss cheese (I torn mine just so I could spread it around better).  Then add the rest of your pasta, cover with the rest of the cheese and then top with breadcrumbs.  Bake for 20-25 minutes. 


Here's the final product....


It was very good, even though I certainly had my doubts.  My husband enjoyed it and said it's a definite remake!  So, success!  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment