Saturday, August 30, 2014

Tuna Noodle Casserole

Tuna casserole is an oldie, but a goodie!  It's a simple recipe that most people have had at one point or another.  I remember begging for this casserole whenever I would go over to my Grandpa and Step Grandma's house.  She would make it for me and always put on extra toppings.  I would practically eat half the casserole myself! 

Now I make it for my own family and it doesn't last long!  Try this one soon if you want a hearty tasty dish that maybe makes you feel just a bit nostalgic. 

Ingredients:

- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 or 2 cans of tuna, drained
- 1 can of green beans or peas (your choice!), drained
- 1 bag of Egg Noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups crushed potato chips for topping



Directions:

1.  Cook your egg noodles until tender and drain. 

2.  Mix all ingredients except for the chips together and spread into a baking dish.  Crush your chips and sprinkle over the top.



3.  Bake @ 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until chips are golden brown.  Let sit 5 minutes before serving.

Here's the final product....

Comfort food at it's best!  Serve with a garden salad and some buttery rolls and you have the perfect simple weeknight meal!  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment