Saturday, May 19, 2012

Oreo Fudge

This is one of the simplest fudge recipes I've ever seen!  I was skeptical b/c of the use of frosting in the recipe, but I was pleasantly surprised! 

I made this fudge on a day off from work when my girls were at school.  By the time they were home, the fudge was ready to cut.  I did just that as they played outside with friends in the neighborhood.  Once I had it cut up, I placed it all on a plate and headed outside!  It was a hit! 

Ingredients:

- 24 Double Stuffed Oreos (or the store brand...that's what I did!)
- 1 canister Fudge Frosting
- 1 bag of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips


Directions:

1.  Line a pie plate (or if you have a square pan, use that...mine is missing, lol)  with foil, going over the sides of the pan for easy removal later.


2.  Place your cookies in a freezer bag and pound them with a mallet or rolling pin to crush into pieces.  This is a fun job for kiddos if you're willing to have them in the kitchen with you!


3.  Melt your chocolate chips in the microwave.  Once they're melted, give it a good stir.


 4.  Combine your melted chocolate chips with the frosting and crushed cookies.


5.  Spread into your dish as evenly as possible.  It doesn't have to be beautiful here!  It's fudge, not art!


6.  Refrigerate uncovered for AT LEAST 1 hour.  I did for almost 3.

7.  Remove from fridge, pull out of pan using the handles of foil.  Peel off foil, place chunk of fudge on a cutting board.  Using a very sharp knife, cut the fudge into chunks. 


Here's the final project.....


It's a sweet one so enjoy!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment