Friday, December 26, 2014

Puppy Chow

Puppy chow is a tradition around this time of the year!  Everyone enjoys it, it's perfect for gifts, and it's cheap and easy to make. 

Being that this year, I'm still recovering from my gallbladder disaster/surgery, it was something I could do that didn't require a lot of work, but it still made me feel good to be creating a treat for my little girls. 

If you've never tried puppy chow (otherwise known as muddy buddies, or people chow) I suggest you do so as soon as possible.  But, take it from me...it's ADDICTING so try it at your own risk ;-)

Ingredients:

- 9 cups Chex cereal (you will see that I used Quaker Life cereal, which is slightly similar to Chex.  I did this b/c, for one, I had it on hand, and two, it was an oops on my part, lol)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 cups (or so) powdered sugar

Directions:

1.  In a very large bowl, toss in your cereal.

2.  In a separate bowl, measure out your chocolate, peanut butter, and butter.  Melt this mixture until smooth and pourable.  After melting, add in your vanilla and stir.



3.  Once your vanilla is incorporated, pour your chocolate mixture over your cereal and stir well, making sure to coat all the dry cereal with the chocolate mixture.


4.  Once coated, transfer your cereal to a large plastic bag.  This may take more than one transfer depending on how large your plastic bags are.  It almost always takes two for me.  After transferring your cereal, pour in the cups of powdered sugar and toss well to coat the cereal

Here's the final product....

This batch was eaten by the next day.  I ended up having to make another which is almost gone as well.  Like I said....addicting! ;-)  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment