Saturday, December 29, 2012

Peanut Butter Blossoms

This is the first time I've ever made this type of cookie, but man, it was great!  The peanut butter cookie differs from my usual recipe, but it was pretty great!  Both add a little something to the cookie.  Plus, this was a fun cookie to make with my girls, as they enjoyed unwrapping the Hershey kisses!  I made this for Santa this Xmas eve and I can say without a doubt, he was impressed and happy! ;-)

Ingredients:

- 1/2 Cup Shortening (I used butter flavored Crisco)
- 3/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Hershey Kisses unwrapped and ready to go! 

Directions:

1.  Heat your oven to 375 degrees.  In a large bowl, whisk together your flour, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.

2.  In another large bowl or your mixer's bowl (first time I used the one I got for Xmas...woot!) toss in your shortening and your peanut butter and mix until smooth. 




3.  Now toss in your brown sugar and your white sugar and beat together until fluffy.  Add in your egg, the milk and the vanilla and beat together again until smooth. 



4.  Begin adding in the flour mixture, beating well as you go until well combined.  You'll have a nice firm dough. 

5.  Using your hands, shape dough into medium sized balls, placing them on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 8-12 minutes or until slightly brown.  Remove cookies and immediately place a Hershey's kiss in the center of each one.  Remove cookie CAREFULLY from baking sheet and allow to cool completely before serving. 

Here's the final product....


So yummy!  I will definitely be making this cookie again and soon!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment