Friday, June 29, 2012

Pea Salad

The first time I heard about Pea Salad was from my husband.  It was something that his family made often, and he mentioned one evening that he had a craving for it.  Being that we were newly married and I wanted to "please my man" so to speak, lol, I told him I would make him Pea Salad no problem!  However, the idea of Pea Salad didn't sound appealing to me.  I was definitely skeptical on how this dish would taste!  Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised!  Not only was Pea Salad easy to make, but it tasted delicious!  Now, it's a regular item on our menu.  I encourage you to try this salad, even if you're put off by the idea of it as I was!  I think, like I was, you'll be surprised at how much you enjoy it!

Ingredients:

- 3 cans Peas, drained
- 2 small onions or 1 large onion, diced
- 1 jar Sweet pickles, diced
- 1 lb Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- Mayo to taste


Directions:

1.  Begin by draining  your peas.  Toss them into a large bowl.


2.  Chop up your onions, pickles, and cheese and toss them into the bowl as well. 





3.  Stir together the peas, onions, pickles, and cheese.  Make sure you have an almost equal amount of all items. 

4.  Now, add in the mayo.  Make sure you add enough to completely dress the salad.


5.  Once you have the salad mixed together well, refrigerate overnight. 

Here's the final product.....
I served mine alongside some burgers.  It was delicious!!  Hope you try this and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment